Call Freephone
0800 0190324

Accidents at work

Firstly, your employer should have insurance and so you will be claiming from your employers insurance and not your employer. Your employer has a duty to ensure that your working environment is safe.

So what should you do if you have any accident at work?

  1. Make sure that you report it and it is logged in the accident book.
  2. Go to see your GP or go to the Hospital and get your injuries checked out.
  3. Contact the Department for Working Pension and advise them that you have had an accident at work – an “industrial injury”.
  4. Check your employment contract for your terms regarding sick pay as you will either be entitled to statutory sick pay or company sick pay
  5. Contact a Solicitor for advice on making a claim.

The most common injuries at work are:

  • Accidents caused by another employee
  • Acoustic shock
  • Amputations
  • Asthma
  • Back injuries
  • Burns and scars
  • Construction accidents
  • Defective work equipment
  • Dermatitis
  • Dust, fumes, chemical and gas injuries
  • Farm accidents
  • Falling objects
  • Falls from heights
  • Head Injuries
  • Inadequate training
  • Manual handling
  • Military accidents
  • Needlestick injuries
  • Industrial Disease
  • PPE – Inadequate protective equipment or clothing
  • Repetitive strain injury
  • Soft tissue injury
  • Slips and trips at work
  • Spinal cord injury

If you have suffered any of the above injuries at work then please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 019 0324 or

Contact Us